Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains

... or as was the case this past weekend, it doesn't fall at all.

So I spent a glorious three days in Madrid. Clear blue skies, incredible architecture, delicious paella and chocolate caliente. I recommend it even more highly than Germany. And even though they speak freaky lisping Spanish ("buenoth diath"), it was really nice being able to communicate ("mas paella, por favor.") Plus everyone looks like the people on Mexican television. It's very strange hearing blond or red-headed freckled people rattling Spanish at one another.

The trip home yesterday kicked my ass up one side of the Atlantic and down the other. I can barely keep my eyes open at work today. I think I'm done with uber-long-distance travel for a little while. But if anyone's up for a trip to Madrid, I'm totally game.

Speaking of red-haired freckled people, I'm psyched to see you guys this weekend. When are we getting together again?

1 Comments:

At Tue Dec 13, 02:45:00 PM PST, Blogger Andrik said...

But, does Madrid have an Anderson Cooper billboard?

Were you able to successfully beef up your flyer status? I could really go for some chocolate caliente, but not across the atlantic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a