Tuesday, December 06, 2005

One down, five to go.

So, I just finished my last final for this quarter. That final was in Turbo Finance (2 quarters of finance in one). How did it go, you ask? Bombed it.

I have to vent/reflect a little by stating that this quarter has been my hardest at NU. Not just because of the classes, but everything together. I have had some pretty bad quarters, academically. But they were usually balanced off by something else that I was doing that made it okay. Not really this quarter. Sure, there have been many things that I had fun doing. But this quarter is the one where I did the most work for the least benefit.

And I thought that business school was supposed to be easy. I can't think of a single thing that I've done this quarter that was easy. I hear that things will get better next quarter. I don't think they can get worse. But, then again, those were the famous last words of Pat Haney refering to my grades in '98 before he gave me a bid for LCA.

Well, it's done. All I have to do is look forward and start writing my cover letters, due this and next week. If you need me, I'll be at a bar. I'm reminded of the idiom "Drink 'til she's pretty." But, in this case, my grades are the object, so I would say, "Drink 'til it's a B."

If you are currently located at the bottom of a pint glass, I'll see you very soon.

2 Comments:

At Tue Dec 06, 03:01:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still bet my grades were worse than yours.

Not even sure Pat looked at mine.....

 
At Wed Dec 07, 09:22:00 AM PST, Blogger Andrik said...

Well, at least I took a three year break before coming back. I'm sure that by the end of the year, I'll be itching to go back to work. A couple of years after going back to work, I'll long for the days haphazard (sp?) days of school.

Ah, finally, my own little patch of grass.
This patch is much greener than the last one.
Oh yeah, this is nice.
Hey wait, what's that patch over there?
It looks pretty green to me.
I want to go over there, it's definitely greener.
This patch sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a