Thursday, October 20, 2005

Tired of that old post....

I'm going to share something very interesting.
Jen and I lose spoons.

I know, I know. How could this happen, you are asking yourself. Well, I don't know why or how, but we lose spoons. It has been happening for at least a couple of years. When we were in Dearborn, we actually had to go out and buy a new set of dinnerware because we were down to just a few spoons. We kidded that our upstairs neighbor, Angie, would come into our apartment and take our spoons.

Well, Angie is no longer our neighbor, but we are still losing spoons. I think we are down to about 10. Ten spoons may seem like a lot for two people. But you don't realize Jen's amazing ability to use six or seven spoons while cooking mac&cheese. For the first couple of months when we moved back to E-town, we always had plenty of spoons in the drawer, even when many were dirty. Now, I have to pull them out of the drainer because we don't have enough.

I don't really use spoons very much. My theory is that Jen is a closet somnambulist and buries spoons in the back yard while I peacefully slumber. To think that she laughed when I told her my theory!

She can't prove she doesn't do it.

6 Comments:

At Thu Oct 20, 10:47:00 AM PDT, Blogger lizski said...

Now I know what to get you for Christmas... spoon locks! Or maybe a GPS tracking device for flatware. Or a spoon tree. The possibilities are endless.

 
At Thu Oct 20, 01:31:00 PM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

I'm thinking of investing in RFID tags...

I'm also thinking of putting bells on jen's pajamas (ha!).

 
At Thu Oct 20, 05:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jamie said...

I have the same problem with socks. They vanish.

 
At Thu Oct 20, 06:22:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jen said...

While it is true that our spoons walk away, I swear I'm not helping them escape.

I'll bet anyone 100 bucks that andrik had to look up somnambulist.

 
At Fri Oct 21, 07:27:00 AM PDT, Blogger Eric said...

Oh, definitely. You know how I can tell? He spelled it right.

 
At Fri Oct 21, 03:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

Stop deflecting from the real issue, Jen.

Yes, I looked it up. Why? Cause I'm resourceful.
Eat my shorts, or Jaime's socks, which I have craftily stolen.

Yeah, that's right. Come and get em.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a