Monday, June 05, 2006

People update

My new issue of Northwestern magazine says that our very own, beloved Matt "Hooch" Houchin is now vice president and executive producer of Long Haul Productions and executive producter of two nationally syndicated sports magazine shows, Softball 360° and Sled Head 24/7.

Yeah, that's this guy:


If anyone sees, emails, talks to, or is otherwise in contact with Hooch, please send along a word of congratulations.

Also, do you remember this guy from our wedding?:

Well, Jeff was at our wedding with his wife. About half a year afterwads, they got divorced. It turns out that he is getting married again (second time's a charm) the day after Thanksgiving. That officially makes him the first person I know "our age" to get divorced and be twice married. Notable distinction.

Side note: his first wedding, where I was best man, was also over the Thanksgiving weekend. What's up with the turkey timed wedding planning?

I spoke to his wife-to-be yesterday, and she seems much more lively and less sarcastic than the last one. It's also cool that she even now plays a sorta-mother role to Jeff's little brother. Throw in her two little girls and the family has a neat sitcom-esque quality in its make-up (not that kind of make-up, the other kind).

2 Comments:

At Tue Jun 06, 10:15:00 AM PDT, Blogger Eric said...

Should I be rethinking having you as my best man? I don't wanna get divorced by the time I'm 27!

 
At Tue Jun 06, 10:40:00 AM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

I won't say yes or no to that question. But, I will tell you the lesson learned from Jeff, don't get married to an overbearing woman who doesn't take care of herself and feels that marriage is a convenient way to make sure that a man is always around to do the things she wants.

Of course, little details like that don't seem to come out until after the ceremony is done and the presents are unwrapped.

And, it never hurts to have a Swiss bank account... gimme a call, I'll hook you up with a guy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a