Thursday, May 25, 2006

last day of freedom

Sunday was my last real day of freedom for 10 weeks. I have this big orange schedule from the folks at BarBri that tells me exactly what I need to be studying every day for the next 10 weeks except for Memorial Day and the 4th of July. No weekends off, nothing. GAH. I'm going to be a pasty, poor excuse for a human at the end of this, but at least I'll finally know all the stuff they were trying to teach me in law school.
Anyway, instead of going to my graduation ceremony, I decided that I would rather do this:







Run (well, walk) the Bay to Breakers in my cap and gown (well, a cap and gown anyway -- it was my cap and gown from high school). El Frijole, some other friends and I joined the tortilla flinging masses at the start and headed across the city early on Sunday morning. There were so many people that the professionals finished the 7 mile race before we had even made it across the start line.

So, here are some of the sights from the race:

The rooftop Elvi.














Julia cooling off around mile 3.5.












The walking kiddie pool.









A superhero doing a keg stand in a thong. I think I saw more keg stands during the race than I did in my entire time at NU.










The obligatory protesters. Loook carefully at what they are protesting. They had some great signs.








And finally, this is where we veered off course and left for breakfast...

3 Comments:

At Fri May 26, 08:34:00 AM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

Ha!
Public intoxication is always a good time, especially when it is organized (and sponsored?).
I was disappointed that none of the Elvi was wearing blue suede shoes.
I do love that the protesters were protesting walking/running. Of special note "Running is a gateway drug."
So true, so true.

 
At Fri May 26, 10:53:00 AM PDT, Blogger Eric said...

Unfortunately that picture doesn't do the protesters justice. Other signs included:

"Runners probably eat babies"
"We came into this world naked, screaming, and covered in vagina juice, and there's no reason it can't stay that way"

Ok, I'm paraphrasing that last one, but it definitely included the phrase "vagina juice".

We also (unfortunately) didn't get pictures of the line of people dressed as salmon and running "upstream" through the middle of the crowd, or of the maybe 4-year old girl staring in horror at the naked guy walking behind her.

 
At Fri May 26, 06:24:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jamie said...

Wow. I must be the least creative person in the world, because it would never occur to me to do any of those things in a race. Salmon running upstream? Brilliant.

When I sign up for a race, I tend to dress up as a runner. And not much of one either, if my performance in yesterday's J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge and Death March is anything to go by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a