Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sorry to post over Jamie, but...

I'm having a really tough week, and I thought it might help to scream into the keyboard for a sec.

Beside having the stupid f****** bar exam to study for, and the Escape to fear this weekend, my dad had an esophogectamy on Tuesday. Yes, it was scheduled, and yes I knew it was coming, but damn if having a family member in ICU isn't pretty stressful. He's doing great: the surgeon and pathologist think he's now "cancer-free," and they expect he'll be out of the ICU tomorrow, and out of the hospital next Wednesday.

But I'm falling apart at the seams. AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!

5 Comments:

At Fri Jun 02, 05:46:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jen said...

here's a hug over cyberspace, since i can't hug you in person.

 
At Fri Jun 02, 07:05:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jamie said...

It always seems like stressful stuff comes in waves, doesn't it?

Maybe you should switch from triathlon to biathlon. That way you could fire a gun to relieve your stress. Is biathlon the one with the gun?

 
At Fri Jun 02, 09:54:00 AM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

Yes. The biathlon also involves skiing. So, you have the pleasure of an activity you love with the added pleasure of an activity any card-carrying member of the NRA would love.

But for now, I would try screaming into a pillow, or watching Rocky I through Rocky III. Nothing gives you the "I can take on anything" feeling like watching a short, bad-acting Italian become an A-list celebrity.

 
At Mon Jun 05, 06:51:00 AM PDT, Blogger lizski said...

Thanks! It ended up being a totally fun and great race. :)

I'm so happy that week is over.

 
At Thu Jun 08, 08:43:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a