Monday, May 08, 2006

Wildflower weekend

There was no derby-ing for us this weekend, but we did go to the races... we went here, to the second largest triathlon in the US. We camped with my tri club at the Lake San Antonio campground, the most ginormous campground I have ever seen. There was a half-iron man race on Saturday, and I did the Olympic distance race on Sunday.


This is my swim wave starting the race. I'm way over on the left somewhere in the wetsuit and yellow cap.






This is the start of the bike, right before "Lynch Hill" - one mile, straight up. We were lucky to get such great conditions for the races: perfect blue skies and sun, but not too hot. And the hills are all still green from the torrential rains this year.


The run course goes through the campground on trails and roads. Stunning, but super hard. On the backside of the course, there is a 2.5 mile hill that kills.



Wildflower is the collegiate national championship race, so tons of college students treat it like a weekend long Dillo Day. In addition to the topless water stop on the Half-Ironman run, the Cal Poly students traditionally take a nice jog around the campground in support of the athletes.

3 Comments:

At Mon May 08, 12:15:00 PM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

Hey!
I can see dude's things in that picture!

That's outrageous!

I didn't realize that this whole triathlon thing was a way for you to satisfy your freaky side.

I like it!

 
At Mon May 08, 04:56:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jamie said...

Wow, I never imagined this blog would become a forum for full frontal nudity. Triathlons look hard. Of course, I did 28 minutes on the stairclimber today and I'm gonna be sore as hell tomorrow, so I'm a poor judge of what's difficult.

Congratulations on finishing yet another race, and yet another instance where you make me feel out of shape.

 
At Mon May 08, 06:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jen said...

Wow!! Congrats on being such a super star. You put us all to shame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a