Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Air-mo-SEE-yo

I hate to interrupt the partying all the time (my girl will be so disappointed) but I thought I'd let everyone know that Google Maps has been updated to include hi-res imagery of everyone's favorite Sonoran metropolis. All your favorite landmarks are there: Mundo Divertido, El Burro Feliz, your choice of Sorianas, and (with a lot of scrolling) even the Ford plant. Check it out. I found your old neighborhood but I'll never be able to pick out your respective house.

I'm writing this entry from the Ramada Plaza Hotel in scenic Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, where I'm spending the week managing a training session. It's not as wretched a place as everyone makes it out to be, but my judgement may be clouded by the fact that I've done more drinking this week than I have all year. This town has more bars than people.

On Thursday I head off to Key West, and things look up considerably. In the interim, enjoy the view of Hermosillo.

9 Comments:

At Tue Jun 27, 02:17:00 PM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

What, no link? You're going to make me look for it?

From my vantage point, the "everyone" who makes it out to be wretched comes down to, well, you. Granted, Fond du Lac doesn't come up in my daily conversations.

 
At Tue Jun 27, 07:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jen said...

i couldn't find it. can you post a link?

 
At Tue Jun 27, 09:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jamie said...

The URL is http://maps.google.com and then type in "Hermosillo, Mexico" under the search field. You'll want to switch the view from 'map' to 'satellite.'

For the third consecutive night here in Fond du Lac, I've had too much to drink. Tomorrowis going to be a ROUGH morning.

 
At Tue Jun 27, 10:31:00 PM PDT, Blogger Eric said...

Sigh... some people...

Here you go. Although I'm not sure that's the right place, cause it looks like there's a reservoir full of water where I clearly remember there being a big grassy pit.

 
At Tue Jun 27, 10:36:00 PM PDT, Blogger Eric said...

Your El Burro Feliz reference also reminded me: not too long ago I heard some sports journalist refer to Giants' 3rd baseman Pedro Feliz as "Happy Pete".

Needless to say, I found this most amusing.

 
At Wed Jun 28, 06:56:00 AM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

During the time that Casa Cardenas was relocated south of the border, we lived here.

 
At Wed Jun 28, 06:57:00 AM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

Or, here.

 
At Wed Jun 28, 11:32:00 AM PDT, Blogger Eric said...

Ha, I was pretty damn close. Course, it's not that hard to find... just follow the dry canal to where it empties into the desert, and hang a left...

 
At Wed Feb 23, 08:41:00 PM PST, Anonymous buy kamagra oral jelly online said...

kamagra 100 mg oral jelly it belongs to a group of medicines called PDE5 inhibitors. It works by relaxing the blood vessels in your penis. That allows blood to flow into the penis and produce an erection when sexually aroused. That medicine will only help get an erection if you are sexually stimulated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a