Monday, February 13, 2006

This blogger is conducting a test

I want to see if posting through email really works. To that end, I present
the following observation:

The names of geometric figures are nouns:
"I have a triangle. I add a rectangle. I use a circle." See? All nouns.

If you want to describe something with these geometric properties, you have
to convert the noun into an adjective:
"I make a rectangular table. I cut a circular hole."

Noun : Adjective :: Triangle : Triangular

BUT! What about a square?
"I made a square. I like square sandwiches."

The noun and the adjective are the same!
What kind of messed up language is this?

4 Comments:

At Mon Feb 13, 03:26:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm.. ignoring the bulk of the post - sending through e-mail worked!

Why must you make things so complicated?

 
At Mon Feb 13, 03:27:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, your popping up a window to post the comments is screwing with my Comment Tracker!

*grumble*

 
At Mon Feb 13, 03:56:00 PM PST, Blogger Eric said...

"Square" is also a verb.

Did I just blow your mind, or what?

 
At Mon Feb 13, 07:14:00 PM PST, Blogger Andrik said...

WOW!
My mind was almost blown. Its only saving grace was that I had already come across this while contemplating the verb-ish duality of the word "circle".

Square does get the trifecta, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a