Saturday, February 11, 2006

Taxi!

Last weekend, we went to a bar downtown called "Howl at the Moon". It's a piano bar. What we didn't know was that "piano bar" is code for bar full of drunk 20 and 30 somethings reliving their frat/sorority formals. I have to admit that it was a good time. I was too sober to fully enjoy the atmosphere, but just sober enough to laugh my ass off at the 19-23 year old blonde robot clones jumping up and down in front of the stage.

The tight pants, the flirty, glittery tops, the BAR PURSE. It's hilarious. The only thing that is not funny is the yuppy girl bar purse. You know what I mean, one of these. Those things should be outlawed because they are dangerous. I don't know how many times I've been hit by one of those either on a dance floor, at the bar, standing having a drink with friends. Remember girls, having a bar purse is like having a tail, you have to watch your turns and spins.

Anyway, I told you that story to tell you this one: after Howl at the Moon, we took a cab home. One of the guys we were with tried to get us a "deal" with the cabby. Really, when you have six people all going to roughly the same place, it's going to be cheap.

Well, the ride was fine except that we almost went down a one way street. I'm glad I was in the front seat to tell the cabby not to go there. As I dozed in and out, I dreamt about how much I wished we were in the Cash Cab. The Cash Cab is awesome! I want them to come to Chicago. Of course, I would probably lose all my money by giving an answer like Paul Bunyan when the answer is really Paul Newman. My mobile shout outs would be Liz for anything literary/law-ry, the Beaner for any question that makes me roll my eyes, and Jamie for any question about travel, lexicology, or any question about any of our friends.

Don't let me down, and I'll cut you in. :-)



6 Comments:

At Sat Feb 11, 11:41:00 AM PST, Blogger Jen said...

busted! andrik woke up from a dead sleep to tell the cab driver not to go down a one way street, but we were actually going to RIGHT way down Davis St. He conveniently left that part of the story out :)

 
At Sat Feb 11, 02:10:00 PM PST, Blogger Jen said...

I meant to say we were going the right way down Davis.

 
At Sat Feb 11, 05:33:00 PM PST, Blogger Andrik said...

Your comments have no impact on my story's truthiness.

 
At Sun Feb 12, 07:47:00 AM PST, Blogger Jamie said...

You aren't the first people I know to be disappointed by Howl At The Moon. One of my coworkers and his wife went there and made pretty much the same observations.

I on the other hand, got to hang out with a puppy last night. It was awesome.

 
At Sun Feb 12, 08:37:00 AM PST, Blogger Andrik said...

I won't say I was disappointed, exactly. It's just that you have to know what you're getting into when you go there. You have to be in a certain state of mind to belt out "Love in an elevator" at the top of your lungs. If you understand the scene, you could have a great time there. It's definitely not for everyone.

 
At Mon Feb 13, 08:17:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea.. interesting place. The last time I was there, I ended up in a strech navigator-limo with a bunch of random polish people that we met, my camera was stolen, almost got involved in a fight at Nick's Uptown, then got pseudo-mugged on my way home...

Suffice it to say, I haven't been dying to go back! ;)

Can I get the nod for any technology questions?! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a