Thursday, February 09, 2006

Who woke up winter?

All of a sudden, it's winter again. The temperature outside our window right now is 26.8 degrees F. That sucks. And, because it snowed last night pretty good (compared to any snow we got in January) I know that I will have to deal with walking to school on icy sidewalks. This was never a big deal in undergrad. I think I always had my boots on. It turns out that it's really hard to walk on ice with even a slight incline while wearing dress shoes.

Any time I have an interview and it has snowed in the previous 4 days, I have to walk half way to school in the street because people don't shovel the snow, and it becomes ice when people walk on it. This is actually one thing I liked about Dearborn more than Evanston. In Dearborn, they made people shovel the snow under penalty of law ($50 ticket). Here, there are a lot of houses whose sidewalks don't get touched because they are not on the front of the house. Guess what, dimbwit, if you are a corner lot, your house has TWO sidewalks!

I won't go into how many times I've almost broken my neck trying to walk by these places.
How inconsiderate!

4 Comments:

At Thu Feb 09, 07:37:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr fancy pants! (and shoes)

Good luck on the interviews!

 
At Thu Feb 09, 08:01:00 AM PST, Blogger Jamie said...

I will second the good luck on interviews comment.

I just got our list of second-round candidates from Kellogg and have called most of them in the last day or so. I'm curious to see if you know any of them.

 
At Thu Feb 09, 06:02:00 PM PST, Blogger lizski said...

You should set set up some interviews out here -- it's much easier to walk in dress shoes when it is sunny and in the high 60s.

 
At Thu Feb 09, 06:28:00 PM PST, Blogger Andrik said...

Working on it.

It turns out that Lucent Technologies is not located in the Bay Area, it is in N.J. (not the same).

By the way, my Lucent interview was going really well today until we came to this question: "Why do you want to work for Lucent?"

At this point, things pretty much came to a screeching hault while I fumbled through an incoherent jumble about next generation wireless networks.

Too bad, so sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a