Thursday, December 29, 2005

I am the cheese

... in the sense that right now, I stand alone as the only member of Outside Context not getting jiggy in the Bay Area right now.

I spent my Christmas in Texas, where I got to bask in 80-degree temperatures and marvel at the number of signs people put in their yards that say "Merry Texmas, Ya'll." You'd think in a state so full of religious conservatives, converting "Christmas" to "Texmas" would be considered sacrilege. But apparently faith flies out the window when red-staters evaluate plywood yard cutouts. Tastefulness as well.

My biggest gift was a new mobile phone - a Motorola Razr. I've been playing with it nonstop since I got it. I'll want to take pictures of all of you - that way when you call me, your face will appear on the phone. God help me if I turn into a cell phone person like Evan. Still, it's nice to have a flip phone that doesn't accidentally call people when I sit down on it.

2 Comments:

At Thu Dec 29, 09:34:00 PM PST, Blogger Jen said...

we were just thinking about you :) glad to hear that you had a good holiday.
though i do have to say that i wouldn't be too excited to celebrate texmas...

 
At Sat Dec 31, 01:27:00 PM PST, Blogger Andrik said...

Senor Queso, greetings from the land of rain. Don't forget that today is an extra second longer. In case you think you might forget, just turn to any general news source, CNN, AP, Google, Yahoo, Reuters and they will tell you all about the slowing rotation of the earth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a