Thursday, January 04, 2007

Here we go again...

Well, after a week and a half of tirelessly defending the couch from the ruthless forces of anti-gravity, I had to return to class yesterday. Today, I went to what I thought was my second scheduled class. I was wrong. It was my third class. It turns out that there were classes scheduled for yesterday (usually there are no classes on Wednesdays). Except that yesterday we had "make up" classes for the ones we "missed" by not attending on Monday and Tuesday. Bullshit.

I'm tired of all these re-scheduled classes. Many of the classes that I have taken need to stretch their content to fill all 10 weeks in the quarter. Why the hell do they need to greatly inconvenience us to schedule special extra class sessions for events that everyone is completely aware of? For example, there is no way that there will ever be any classes on January 1st or 2nd. So, why not plan your course schedule to not count on having class time on these days? Why do you have to go through all the trouble of scheduling separate classes, when it is inevitable that some students (no matter when it is) will not be able to attend?

I have one class that will not start until next Monday. At the first session, we will reschedule TWO classes. Ridiculous. The school is also rescheduling all the classes that will be missed because NU has decided to observe MLK day by canceling classes. All of Monday the 15th's classes will be held on the 17th, during which I will be out of town. Which means that I will miss these sessions as well.

There's only one word that can describe this type of action.

2 Comments:

At Fri Jan 05, 08:03:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - never thought I'd see the day where Northwestern was associated with Comcast! HA!

That does suck - I had to go through that when at NU just a few years ago!

 
At Mon Jan 08, 01:48:00 PM PST, Blogger Jamie said...

Speaking of Comcastic, I had a very positive interaction with them this morning. For once.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a