Tuesday, September 26, 2006

watch out for my wake

When I left Turkey there were bombings. After Hungary, anti-government riots. Germany, a train wreck... It's good to be home. Here's some teaser picts - more to come on snapfish.




Me, in Sienna, Italy.











Me, on top of St. Peter's, Vatican City.














Me, near Parliament, London.

Yes, for the first two weeks of my trip I was "that girl" taking pictures of herself in front of all the sights. It was time to meet up with a traveling buddy...







Turkey. Lots of cats. This cat was beloved enough to warrant a sign saying "do not disturb."
And no, my traveling buddy was not a cat.


I wish more carpet shops were open air.




Croatia is the homeland of the cravat. Strangely, however, the national uniform is the speedo. Croatians are superstars at Even, Aggresive Tanning®.


Kellogg is taking over the world. Really.












The long arm shots are much better with a partner.

They have really big houses in Vienna.










And really fun toy stores in Prague.















And really big and fun beers in Munich.

3 Comments:

At Wed Sep 27, 11:00:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jamie said...

Awesome pictures. I also really appreciate your wearing the large sunglasses in the first three pictures.

Lucky that you got to go the top of St. Peter's. It was all covered in scaffolding when I visited.

Britt looks extremely German in that one picture. Maybe it's the somewhat frilly blouse, but she looks almost like she should be passing out the beers, a la the St. Pauli Girl. If only she'd put her hair in braids...

 
At Wed Sep 27, 12:49:00 PM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

The HaufBrau Haus! I love that place.
When I went this summer, I (along with my five compadres) each had four of those things you hold in your hand.

Very, very drunk. It looks like you were there during the day. I imagine no American teenagers were asking you for drugs. I also imagine none of you were trying to pick up German high school girls.

 
At Wed Sep 27, 12:52:00 PM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

Oh yeah, welcome back to the states, Liz. We missed your freckles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a