Sunday, April 09, 2006

Ahem

Where'd everybody go?

I'll break the silence with a report on my trip to San Francisco to visit Beanie and Liz. The trip included a surprise overnight visit with my parents in Dallas, since I got to Dallas too late to catch my connecting flight to Oakland. The next day I was met at the airport by Beanie and Radar, who licked my face through Oakland, across the Bay Bridge, and into San Francisco.

A shot of Liz and Radar after we gave him a Vicodin. Seriously, I'm just kidding. It was a Xanax.

Except for a few hours on the first day, it rained the whole time I was there, which put a damper (get it?) on things. Nonetheless, Beanie and I amused ourselves with Mario Kart and cookies while Liz swam across oceans and climbed mountains and biked to China or did whatever pugilistic stuff she likes to do.

I got home at about 11:30pm on Monday night (thanks to a series of delays and a thrilling three-hour layover at John Wayne Airport in Orange County), then promptly turned around and flew to Knoxville for the rest of the week. The weather there was gorgeous, which made up for the fact that most of the city looks like this:

I'm back stateside for about two more hours, then it's off to Madison for my fourth and final trip to Wisconsin this recruiting season. Avis has rented me a totally bitchin' Mercury Grand Marquis for the trip, which means I'll be pimping Interstate 90 like none other.

Andrik and Jen - at some point we oughta discuss Amsterdam, since it's less than two weeks away. Huzzah!

3 Comments:

At Sun Apr 09, 02:05:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jen said...

Sorry I've been MIA on the blog. I won't post over you, but I promise that a post is coming. Give us a call this week so we can plan for Amsterdam :)

 
At Mon Apr 10, 03:21:00 PM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

I've been waiting for the SF stories. Sounds like you couldn't stay dry indoors or out.

 
At Tue Apr 11, 09:02:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jamie said...

I did win one round of Mario Kart because Radar licked Beanie's face during an especially challenging stretch of the race. So I can't gripe too much about the licking.

To Beanie and Liz: I bought four boxes of Joe-Joes at Trader Joes on Sunday. I have already eaten a whole box. Damn you both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a