Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Dutch Treat

Well, if nobody else is going to post about Amsterdam, I will. Andrik and Jen have a bunch of pictures too (including about 10 pictures that Andrik took of me on a roller coaster that the Dutch have placed in their main square), so I'll cut straight to the exclusive stuff:

Why pee behind a dumpster or in some alley when you can just let loose in a public urinal? (Homer: "they're YEARS ahead of us!")


Amsterdam Centraal Station, which almost ruined the whole weekend for everyone, thanks to its "fake" facade which looked like a real entrance, but wasn't. Thousands of years ago the Dutch must have gotten a two-for-one special on vowels, which is how you end up with words like 'centraal.' Personally, I think it's baadaass.

A nice shot of one of the canals (or "grachten", which is a disgusting sounding word) that wind through the city.


Enough scenic stuff, I'll cut straight to the sexual perversions. Like Chickita's Sex Paradys, which was selling a film called "Top Notch Bitches 4."



On the subject of sexual perversions, check this shit out. This is by far the greatest advertisement in the history of man. And it covered the side of a building. I feel like such a chump - here I've been eating fish all these years, while the Dutch have been putting them to a far more exciting use.


And just so Beanie and Liz don't feel left out - did you eat the Dal Makhani from Trader Joe's yet? I had it for dinner tonight. It's damn tasty. I'm buying like ten more boxes this weekend.

3 Comments:

At Thu Apr 27, 06:11:00 PM PDT, Blogger lizski said...

I think the public urinal is a fantastic idea for certain places, like the tenderloin. At least that would probably keep guys from peeing on the trees and buildings so much.

 
At Thu Apr 27, 06:12:00 PM PDT, Blogger lizski said...

How was the wedding? Anything remarkable (other than the fact that you had to pass through customs to get there)??

 
At Thu Apr 27, 07:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jen said...

I promise a full play by play of our whirlwind european vacation once i get the pictures off of andrik's computer :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a