Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It's Still Better Than Dialup

I didn't realize how dependent I had become on the internet until my cable modem pooped out on Saturday morning. I just spent the last three days disconnected, and felt very cut off from the rest of the world.

I experienced truly Comcastic customer service this morning, when my service technician arrived for what was apparently his very first day on the job. After spending a few minutes on my computer, trying to determine what operating system I was using (after all, doesn't Windows XP look just like Windows 98?) he asked for my assistance in rebooting the computer.

All told, he spent 90 minutes in my apartment and about 45 of those on his walkie-talkie, communicating with the Comcast Mother Ship or wherever they all sit and think up bad commercials.

Long story short: I have internet again. It's Comcastic.

2 Comments:

At Tue Jan 17, 09:18:00 PM PST, Blogger Andrik said...

If I didn't have home internet, I would live at school. Oh, wait.

Other than not having internet, my other fears include:
1. My harddrive vomiting up my data and dying
2. Drowning
3. Coming home and finding the guy from the Brawnie commercials in my kitchen
4. David Hasselhoff
5. Men named Sue
6. The slow energy loss and eventual death of the universe
7. Dolls of children that are a little too life-like

 
At Wed Jan 18, 05:31:00 AM PST, Blogger Jen said...

Funny, finding the brawny guy in my kitchen is one of my dreams, as long as you aren't home too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a