Monday, September 26, 2005

Things I learned about Brunswick Corporation

Today, I went to a delightful presentation held by Brunswick Corporation. I learned several interesting things about their career opportunities. Let me summarize:

  • Brunswick is a Fortune 500 company.
  • The Leadership Development Program offers great exposure to senior management.
  • The LDP is not a traditional rotational program.
  • Brunswick is a Fortune 500 company.
  • Brunswick offers diverse career paths to fit your needs.
  • Each of Brunswick's divisions is a leader in its segment.
  • Brunswick is a Fortune 500 company.
  • Brunswick's new retail stores (Brunswick Home and Billiards) target female customers (reminds me of My Big Fat Greek Wedding: "The man may be the head, but the woman is the neck.")
  • And, Brunswick is a Fortune 500 Company.
Overall, very interesting. I was dissapointed that I did not get to "press the flesh" with one James Sullivan, HR College Recruiting. Maybe Kellogg is not as good as Illinois.

4 Comments:

At Tue Sep 27, 11:28:00 AM PDT, Blogger Eric said...

Dude, that guy is the CEO's nephew. You think he has time to waste on the likes of you?

 
At Tue Sep 27, 04:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

No, but I thought he would have at least a little bit of time to post a reply...

 
At Wed Sep 28, 03:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jamie said...

Give me a break. I've been in Ann Arbor the last three days, recruiting mediocre engineers from the University of Michigan. I did get phenomenally drunk with the other recruiters at Grizzly Peak Brewing Company, however. This morning was very rough. I can now add "puked in the lavatory of an American Airlines MD80" to my list of life experiences.

I mostly just do the grunt work for our MBA recruiting (arranging for the boat to be displayed, ordering food, reserving the room, etc.) I don't actually do the hands-on stuff, on the assumption that I'm too lame (and without MBA) to talk to you guys.

Good hustle going to our presentation though. And guess what? We're a Fortune 500 company.

 
At Wed Sep 28, 06:02:00 PM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

Well, some of us would have known that you were in Ann Arbor if some of you would share a little.

You got any employment statistics you can pass on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a