Friday, September 23, 2005

Answers on a Postcard

Hey, has anyone else seen this PostSecret website? Apparently it's becoming quite the 'net phenomenon.

Basically, if you have a deep, dark secret, you put it on a postcard, mail it to this blog, and it gets posted (anonymously) for the whole world to see and read. Some of the secrets are silly ("I always lie about farting") but a lot of them are really poignant and a few are very sad. The coworker who sent me the link said it's like a release for her to read everyone's secrets every day, and that one of the currently posted secrets is hers. I can't figure out which one.

My personal favorite is "when you piss me off, I fuck up your film and blame it on your shitty camera." There's nothing like petty vengeance, even if it's just on a postcard.

Anyhow, check out the blog. Without getting too smarmy, it's actually a pretty emotional little site.

1 Comments:

At Sat Sep 24, 11:25:00 AM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

I think it's the one about smashing the twinkies in the store.

I saw this site a while back, I think there was a story about it on Headline News when it started. It's really creepy what some people have to say about themselves and their actions/feelings/emotions/rationales.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a