Wednesday, August 08, 2007

... and my arms aren't tired at all

So thanks to the magic of FlightMemory and my obsessive-compulsive habit of keeping ticket stubs (back to age 7), I now know the following about myself:

- I have flown 383, 083 miles to date
- I have flown the equivalent of 15.39 trips around the earth
- I have flown to the moon and more than halfway back (1.6o5)
- I've been in the air for 856 hours and 23 minutes of my life, which is 5.1 weeks or 1.19 months
- I've made 342 flights on 27 airlines, 29 different aircraft types, to 77 different airports.
- 55 of my flights have been in first class. 330 of them were in a window seat.
- 41.8% of my flights have been on American, 11.8% on Delta, and 10.6% on Southwest. (those are my top three)
- 20% of my flights have been from O'Hare, versus only 15.3% from Dallas/Fort Worth. I guess it really has been awhile since I lived in Texas.
- A full 20.6% of my flights have been on the McDonnell Douglas "Super" 80, which is a plane that most frequent fliers hate.

Obviously these stats aren't perfect, since I took a trip or two as a baby that I don't remember. But interesting nonetheless. The site also generated the following nifty maps:


3 Comments:

At Wed Aug 08, 07:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger lizski said...

great to hear from you Jamie... now when are you going to fly back out to SF?

 
At Wed Aug 08, 08:01:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jamie said...

Hopefully at some point next spring. Between you and Beanie, and the Jendriks, and Phil, I have a whole little clique living out there. So it's definitely on the itinerary. :)

 
At Thu Aug 09, 09:01:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jen said...

Very cool stats. Nice to see your obsessiveness paying off :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a