Friday, March 30, 2007

Blurry Vison

On Tuesday morning of last week, I wake up in the apartment of the newly minted Mr. and Mrs. Bridges to an odd sight. That being blurry sight out of my left eye. So began an odyssey that has created what are sure to a hundred pirate jokes.















Me, leaving St. Mary's Hospital, with my eye patch. They dialated my eye and I could tolerate the light.




















Andrik mocking me by wearing my eye patch


After consulting a doctor in Evanston and seeing a doctor on an emergency visit in San Francisco, it turns out that I had a "spontaneous corneal erosion." Which basically means that several layers of my cornea just sort of disappeared in a conglomeration of scratches. For no apparent reason. Awesome, right?

Well, that doctor said it would be better in two days, but it wasn't. Because it healed as scar tissue. Still blurry. So he took off the tissue with tweezers and put in a contact so it would heal better. These are like the two things I feared the most. Plus, they dialated my eye again, but this time it lasted for two days















Andrik loves this picture of my very dialated eye. I just think it's freaky

I hate things that touch my eye, but I've had to get used to eye drops and things touching my eye. YUCK!! 1 1/2 weeks later, my vision is still blurry, probably for two more weeks.

But on the plus side, I have pain killer eye drops.

2 Comments:

At Mon Apr 02, 01:47:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jamie said...

Wow, that's pretty hardcore. Eye problems are always scary, but a pirate-esque eyepatch definitely lightens the mood.

Last year I scratched up my cornea after I soaked my contacts in Visine (I think I may have posted to the blog after this happened.) It hurt like hell and I had to put steroid drops in my eyes for like a week. So I definitely feel your pain.

I think one of your cats has been secretly scratching your eyeballs at night.

 
At Tue Jun 05, 07:01:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes! thats pretty freaky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a