Monday, November 07, 2005

Me and my tree

So I have this palm tree that I bought at IKEA (and you thought they just sold flimsy pieces of particle board with veneer glued on the outside.)

This tree is amazing. I ALWAYS forget to water it. In the past two years, there have been whole weeks where I've forgotten to water it. Other weeks I get overzealous and drown it.

Every few months I take it into the bathtub and give it a shower to get the dust and bugs off of its fronds. Other than that, we pretty much have a routine where I forget to water it and it keeps growing.

I went to Nashville this last weekend and (of course) forgot to water the tree. This after a week in which I watered the tree *maybe* once. When I walked back into my apartment, the tree had put out about five new fronds.

I'm going to be a fantastic parent.

2 Comments:

At Mon Nov 07, 04:57:00 PM PST, Blogger Andrik said...

You have to post a picture for two reasons:
1. You would be forced to figure out how to post a picture, opening an amazing world of opportunity for you.
2. I need to buy one of these miracle trees to see if it lives up to the hype by living through the Incredible Vegetation-Killing Apartment.

C'mon, do it.

One question: What's your tree's name?

 
At Mon Nov 07, 06:02:00 PM PST, Blogger Jen said...

Your post just convinced me of what I knew all along. I'm going to be a terrible parent since I can't even keep a "lucky" money tree alive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a