Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A bit belated, but...

... did anyone catch last week's episode of "Trading Spouses" on Fox? I ordinarly don't touch that show (the name makes it sound like some kind of swingers' party). For three weeks, though, they'd been showing preview commercials with a screaming grotesquely overweight woman.

It was priceless. Did anyone else see it? Let's try to limit the conversation to the grotesquely overweight woman, and not get off on tangents like why I was watching "Trading Spouses."

And to clarify, the show's full title is "Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy."

2 Comments:

At Tue Nov 15, 12:56:00 PM PST, Blogger Andrik said...

I didn't see the episode, but I was lucky enough to catch the clip on "The Soup". I think it was the Reality Show Clip of the Week.

The funniest thing about the whole thing is that she kept saying that everything was tainted by sin, all the while looking and acting positively demonic herself.

And the funniest thing was that he actually kept the money she screamed she would not accept. I don't know how she decided to keep it, but I'm pretty sure that some of the justification came along the way of "God works in mysterious ways".

 
At Tue Nov 15, 02:37:00 PM PST, Blogger Jamie said...

Part of the show's shtick is that the "visiting" mommy gets to decide how to spend the other family's money.

For our grotesque friend (my favorite moment was when she described herself as a "God Warrior." That's my new career ambition.), the visiting mommy designated $20,000 in her letter for gastric bypass surgery.

I'm guessing that if Big Bertha hadn't torn up the letter and rebuked it in the name of Jesus Christ, she might have noticed that. The show ended with a black screen and the words: "Upon further consideration, Margaret has decided to accept the money."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a