Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Unintelligent debate

I try to stay out of the whole Red vs. Blue debate, cause I think it is just making people more polarized, and I think very few people fit neatly into one side or the other. Except me, I'm a hippy Volvo-driving Birkenstock-wearing tree-hugging latte-drinking homophile liberal.

Anyway, my point was... the one thing that's really pissing me off lately (and amusing me, I'll get to that) is the whole "Intelligent Design" business. I have no conceptual problem with Christianity (or religions in general), but there has to be a line between religion and science, and I don't like seeing science getting shat on the way people are trying to do lately.

The latest is that UC is getting sued over what high school courses they give credits for. Because we certainly wouldn't want universities deciding how to give out their own credits, would we?

I also found this article which seems interesting and thoughtful, plus the guy agrees with me. Although, in the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that I haven't finished reading it yet.

Finally, the best part is: if you haven't heard of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, read up! The Pastafarians are growing in numbers, and Talk Like A Pirate Day is next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

a