Saturday, August 06, 2005

Just call me Nick at Nite

So growing up, my dad's all-time favorite show was "My Three Sons." Like, serious all-time favorite. He really liked it. I think it's good for a few yuks, but it's pretty basic family slapstick sitcom fodder. Oh well, to each his own.

And since I am nothing if not a doting son, I am now the proud possessor of all TWELVE seasons of "My Three Sons," which I will be sending to my father for his birthday next month. Twelve seasons, at between six and seven DVDs each, translates to a giant stack of burned DVDs of questionable quality. Still, my father will be thrilled.

Hats off to eBay for making inane transactions such as mine possible. If anyone wants to watch "My Three Sons," you know where I live.

2 Comments:

At Sat Aug 06, 02:58:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jen said...

Everyone knows the only good show they have on Nick at Nite is Bewitched, but only with the 2nd Darren.

 
At Sun Aug 07, 11:10:00 AM PDT, Blogger Andrik said...

Good for you for getting a cool (and/or thoughtful) birthday present.

I didn't realize that "My Three Sons" was on for so long. Guess it wasn't hard to entertain 50's/60's audiences. They had attention spans longer than 4.3 minutes.

I remember when "Married with Children" became the longest running TV show at 13 seasons. Of course, the king is now "The Simpsons", as it should be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

a